House with Chimaeras

House with Chimaeras is an Art Nouveau building located in the historic Lypky neighborhood of Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. It was designed by the Polish architect Władysław Horodecki in 1901–1902. The building has been used as a presidential residence for official and diplomatic ceremonies since 2005. The street in front of the building is closed off to all automobile traffic, and is now a patrolled pedestrian zone.

About House with Chimaeras in brief

Summary House with ChimaerasHouse with Chimaeras is an Art Nouveau building located in the historic Lypky neighborhood of Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. It was designed by the Polish architect Władysław Horodecki in 1901–1902. The building has been used as a presidential residence for official and diplomatic ceremonies since 2005. The street in front of the building is closed off to all automobile traffic, and is now a patrolled pedestrian zone due to its near proximity to the Presidential Administration building. The name derives its popular name from the ornate decorations depicting exotic animals and hunting scenes, which were sculpted by Italian architect Emilio Sala, since Horodecki was an avid hunter. The architect’s unique architectural style earned him praise as the Antoni Gaudí ofKyiv. It is located across the street from the President of Ukraine’s office at No. 10, Bankova Street, the building’s current owners are the Ukrainian Communist Party polyclinic. The house was originally constructed for use as his own upmarket apartment building during the period of 1901-1902, but he had to sell the building due to financial troubles. After the Second World War the building was abandoned due to exposure to harsh elements, and later converted into a national national building.

It has since been fully reconstructed and restored according to Horodeski’s original plans in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The current owner of the house is the Kyiv City Council, which also owns the National Art Museum of Ukraine and the Ukrainian National Museum of History and Culture. It also has a branch of the National Gallery of Ukraine, which is located on the other side of Bankova St. from the presidential residence. The National Gallery is currently under the ownership of the Ukrainian Ministry of Culture and Tourism, which was founded by the Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in 2004. The NSCI is the national museum of culture and tourism, and was established in 2007 by the National Council of Culture of Ukraine to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the independence of Ukraine from the Soviet Union. It currently has a collection of more than 2,000 works of art, including works by Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Frida Ghitis, and other prominent Ukrainian artists, such as Yevhen Konstantin Tsiolkovsky and Yevgeny Kuznetsov. The museum is also home to the Ukrainian Museum of Modern Art, which dates back to the early 1900s. In the 1990s, the NSCM bought the building for $1.5 million.